Thank you for visiting our website .
Deepings Heritage was formed in 1989 by a group of enthusiasts who felt that the Deepings ought to have a ‘Civic Society’ to keep an eye on planning matters, the natural environment and the built environment.
- The group meets at 7.30 pm on the second Thursday in each month from September to May in the Deepings Academy Conference Centre. We have guest speakers giving talks on a variety of historical subjects, many of very local interest. Please see the EVENTS section for details of the speakers for the current season as well as details of membership and admission fees.
- We maintain a wide ranging collection of photographs, artefacts, documents, and personal reminiscences for the community. We are always looking for further information, especially old photographs.
- We publish books on local topics. Details of our currently available books can be found in the PUBLICATIONS section.
- We keep an eye on planning applications and the state of our listed buildings, reporting problems to the various councils, to try and ensure that they are not allowed to fall into disrepair.
- We have placed a number of permanent display boards along the River Welland and an A1 board in the centre of Market Deeping showing passers-by more examples of the Deepings rich heritage – see the “HISTORY OF THE DEEPINGS“ page for more details.
- Guided walks for local groups are organised and we prepare and take displays to local events including the Deepings Carnival, the Peterborough Heritage Festival Weekend.
- We have updated local history displays in our box near the roundabout in Market Deeping….. it has regular followers!
We very much hope to see you at one of our meetings! Or to hear from you.
Our thanks go to our friends at West Deeping Heritage for all of their generous help in setting up this site.